China vs. Taiwan
Laut dem Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral Gilday, könnte sich das Zeitfenster für eine Invasion Chinas auf Taiwan möglicherweise rascher schließen als bislang gemutmaßt:
Zitat:China’s Accelerated Timeline to Take Taiwan Pushing Navy in the Pacific, Says CNO Gilday

Amid concerns that China could try to reunify the mainland with Taiwan faster than previously anticipated, the United States Navy is also eyeing a more immediate window for a potential conflict over the island, the service’s top officer said Wednesday. [...] “When we talk about the 2027 window, in my mind that has to be a 2022 window or a potentially a 2023 window. I can’t rule that out. I don’t mean at all to be alarmist by saying that, it’s just that we can’t wish that away,” the CNO added. [...]

During the Chinese Communist Party meeting on Sunday, President Xi Jinping reaffirmed China’s ambitions to reunify Taiwan with mainland China. The next day, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the People’s Republic of China is moving on a faster timeline to take over the island. [...]

During the conversation at the Atlantic Council, Gilday also made the case for why readiness is his top priority as CNO. “We are still recovering with our carrier force as an example for back-to-back deployments that we did 10 years ago. And so we’re still catching up on deferred maintenance so that we can get 50 years out of those platforms. So I’m not going to come off of the maintenance piece in terms of an area where we can save money because we just can’t,” he said.
https://news.usni.org/2022/10/19/chinas-...cno-gilday

Schneemann

Nachrichten in diesem Thema

Gehe zu: