(Land) Future Combat Systems
Zitat:Was an sich schon schockierend ist weil der M113 wahrlich der letzte Mist war und über 40 Jahre alt ist ob er nun besser als der Stryker gegen eine IDs ist kann man nur schwer sagen er würde aber möglicherweise nicht wie der Stryker auch bei kleinen Explosionen umgeworfen werden.
schon in deinem link bei youtube äußerte ein Mann der angeblich tatsächlich auf einem Stryker gekämpft hat (und auch Erfahrungen an M113 hat) große Zweifel an solchen Aussagen.

Definitely not. I am an ICV commander (a stryker) now, and have been a crew on the old M901 (M113 TOW variant) and there is just NO comparison at all. The M113 chasis is far too outdated and could not ever do what this vehicle can. The only thing I miss is being able to have it turn in place, thats it. When a track goes down you are stuck in place (aka dead), the stryker keeps rolling. As for only going on roads: completely untrue. Only the extremely loose sand is any problem at all.

oder

The amazing thing about all of this, is the few numbers of deaths associated with the bent and broken Strykers. I spent over twenty years in the Army, working on tanks. The Stryker has fewer crew deaths than the the M1, the Brad, or the HMMWV. All while putting on more miles than ANY tracked vehicle ever thought of doing.
Where in the hell have you gotten your "facts"? There haven't been "hundreds". In the entire time that the Stryker has been fielded in Iraq (since 2003) there have been less than a dozen deaths among Stryker crews.
ALL armored vehicles have to deal with IEDs. Strykers have been blown away by some of them. But not one of them has yet to kill any crew. Injuries for sure, some even serious, but none have been grave. The vehicle has sacrificed itself to protect the crew.

Nachrichten in diesem Thema

Gehe zu: